Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Hometown Baghdad...

I've just got back from class and was talking to a class mate over a quiet lunch-time beer about the Baghdad Burning blog that I've recommended you to, and she told me of another, called Hometown Baghdad, which you can find here. This 'video blog' is a collection of home-video style documentaries that discuss life in occupied Baghdad. As you can probably tell, this issue and media has really captivated me, and I thought I'd share with you! Please if anyone has other similar sites I'd love to see them... OK time to go job-hunting! It is a beautiful sunny afternoon, I've just got an invite to a wedding from one of my best mates Scotty, and am feeling particularly far away from home right now as I'm not going to be able to make his wedding... These things happen I suppose, I just have to be philosophical about it and realise that everything we do means that there is something else that we can't do! On that note, time to go look for a job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alick... Caz here.... I was facebook stalking and found your blog. fun stuff... and tell me about missing home -my best friend got married AND had a kid while overseas. it sucked.