Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas, New Year and lots of snow!

Hey everybody, this'll be very short as I am sitting using the internet at the UBC Lodge up at Whistler after a great day's snowboarding...

I hope that Christmas was as good for you as it was for me, had such a great time with an awesome crew of people in a small town in the south-east of BC called Nelson. Seven of us, (3 Aussies and 4 Swedes) drove over to Nelson on the 20th of December, and spent the next 10 days skiing and boarding, eating, drinking and generally having an awesome time! We skiied a tiny little resort called Whitewater, with only two archaic chairlifts, but really nice people and so much awesome snow. The landscape was stunning, snow covered mountains merging into beautiful green trees, cut through with bubbling rivers.

After ten days there (and two Christmas dinners!) we headed back to Vancouver on the 30th, getting the rental car returned with only 5 minutes to spare. My New Years celebrations were somewhat stunted by work, but I still managed to have a glass of bubbly at 12 and a few beers after!

On the 2nd Simo and I headed back up to WHistler, to find it raining and generally not very nice. We took that day as a day off the mountain, and yesterday only went up for a few hours. Today, however, was awesome. We found some nice fresh powder, and I managed to make 'fresh tracks' with both my board and my feet after I crashed and had wo wade out through knee-deep powder!

SO we are back to the mountain for a few more days this week, school is back on the 8th, which is also my 25th birthday! Crazy!

I'd better dash, Simo needs to check his email, hope all is well, will post some pics etc soon... Ciao for now, Al.

No comments: